Experienced journalists, broadcasters, photographers and bloggers will be on the final judging panel for this year’s Midlands Media Award.
Chairman of the judging panel is Daily Mail columnist and Consultant Editor Andrew Pierce, who started his journalistic career in the Midlands.
Joining Andrew on the judging panel will be:
- Beth Goodrham, former lawyer, now personal stylist, TV presenter and founder of daily blog, Style Guile
- Bob Calver, senior lecturer in journalism at BCU. Former news editor of a public sector news site, ex-magazine editor and former BBC reporter, producer and news editor.
- Chris James, ex-BBC and ITV newsreader and reporter, now managing director of Made in Birmingham TV
- John James, award-winning photographer formerly with Birmingham Post & Mail. Now, in-demand freelance.
- John Lamb, ex-Fleet Street journalist now Press & PR director at Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce
- Katie Cohen, former corporate and financial PR, now with HSBC media relations team in Birmingham
- Marc Kirsten, former newspaper photographer, now specialising in commercial photography and freelancing for newspapers and magazines
- Paul Fulford, journalist and blogger, specialising in writing for the food and drink sector
- Peter Brookes, senior Staffordshire University lecturer in sports journalist, former television news editor and ex-managing director of Manchester United TV
- Richard Lutz, ex-newspaper journalist, TV news editor and documentary maker who now runs his own media training company
- Stacey Barnfield, ex-editor of Birmingham Post, now director of Edwin Ellis Creative Media