Birmingham Press Club is making sure of a “White Christmas” this year - for Brummie comedian Andy White has been snapped up to provide the entertainment at the Club’s Christmas lunch on 16 December
Andy is a regular performer at Birmingham’s Glee Club and his brand of wit, embracing observational and topical humour, combined with “digs” at his own mixed race background, has made him a firm favourite with audiences.
Andy “escaped” from a call centre to become a stand-up comic and his material – which can be clever, cheeky or just downright silly – has earned him appearances on television & radio and at theatres and clubs around the UK.
“Andy is forever receiving plaudits for being undeniably entertaining, so I think we are in for more than a few laughs,” said Press Club chairman Ed James.
Meanwhile, some lucky guests at the luncheon, which is being held at the International Convention Centre to mark the Club’s 150th anniversary, will get the opportunity to have a flying lesson in a light aircraft, courtesy of Take Flight Aviation – or spend a day out driving in the countryside in a classic car supplied by Great Escape Cars That’s if they are fortunate enough to buy a winning ticket in this year’s prize draw, which is in aid of The Lord Mayor’s Charity Appeal.
Other prizes on offer include a £75 voucher to enjoy a meal at Le Monde, Brindleyplace – just voted as Best Seafood Establishment in the Midlands
- Afternoon Tea for Two at Café Opus, Ikon
- A Luxury PR goody bag from Clive Reeves PR
- A voucher for two dishes and two drinks at Digbeth Dining Club
- A £50 voucher for Deliveroo
- Purity Brewery Tour for two people
- A £50 Hair Salon Voucher for Aesthetics Hairdressers in Solihull - A multi award winning salon.
- A VIP Penguin Feed Experience at The National Sea Life Centre Birmingham
- A Family day pass for two adults and two under 16's to Drayton Manor Theme Park
- A VIP visit for four people behind the scenes of the BBC Birmingham studios at The Mailbox
- A Literary Package for Christmas – two copies of John Duckers latest children’s book and two copies of a just-published history of the historic Fleece Inn in Worcestershire by fellow-Press Club member Chris Mowbray